- Automatic Rebar Sizing - the Elcometer Protovale 331 Model S has two modes of rebar estimation:
- Autosize - a quick estimation of the bar size, displayed in the main measurement mode; and
- Orthogonal - a more accurate method to determine the size of unknown bars.
- Under Cover Mode - the gauge's buzzer only sounds when a minimum cover has been detected.
- Maxpip™ Mode - the buzzer only sounds when the search head has passed the centre of the rebar, ideal for fast identification of the layout of the rebar.
- Min / Max Cover Limits - program in minimum and/or maximum cover thickness values to monitor whether depth of cover is within specification.
- Data Logging and Statistics - 1,000 individual cover readings, and measurement statistics can be stored in the gauge’s memory and either printed on a directly connected printer or uploaded into your PC using Elcometer’s EDTS+ Excel Link or CoverMaster® Software, supplied as standard with each instrument, for further evaluation and report generation.
Following the Elcometer philosophy of flexibility, the Elcometer Protovale 331 Covermeters have a wide range of optional accessories to meet many specialist needs:
- Identify subsequent layers of rebars & tendon ducts - connected to our Borehole Probe the Elcometer Protovale 331 Model S is able to detect rebars or tendon ducts behind layer after layer of rebar up to 100cm (40") deep.
- Measure in a wide range of congested situations - using the optional Narrow Pitch Search Head, the Elcometer Protovale 331 Model S can measure close to corners, castellated concrete surfaces, and pre-cast concrete units. Reinforced cages in concrete pipes can also be investigated.
- Extended Measurement Range - using the Deep Cover Search Head, the Elcometer Protovale 331 Model S's measurement range can be extended to 180 mm (7") of concrete cover.