The Precise Digital Controller is designed for manual or servo-equipped tension and com-pression testing machines. It is a presettable unit that simplifies materials testing and re-quires
a minimum amount of training. The Pre-cise features load, crosshead position and strain inputs plus enhanced closed-loop servo capabilities for accurate and repeatable test-ing.
The Precise is an inexpensive and easier-to-use alternative to PC/Windows based materi-als testing systems. It can store three test procedures in memory so that the operator can perform a variety of tests quickly and error free.
- Indicate load, load rate, position, position rate, strain, strain rate.
- Plot load, position or strain real-time.
- Save and recall three test procedures for accurate and repeatable testing.
- Password protected supervisor/operator modes al-low test procedures to be locked under password so they cannot be changed inadvertently.
- Calculate key test parameters such as Peak Load/ Stress, Offset Yield, Yield EUL, Modulus of Elastic-ity, Percent Elongation at Break and more.
- Calculate high, low, mean and standard deviation for a group of tests.
- Store up to 350 test results per test procedure to permanent memory. Test results include Date, Time, Specimen ID#, Specimen Area and Length plus all calculated test parameters.
- Generate hardcopy printouts of Group Test Reports and Single Test Reports which include an XY plot on an HP PCL5 compatible printer (ie.HP Deskjet/ LaserJet).
- Use the WinCom Plus Data Communications Program to download test results and XY data to a remote com-puter for import into common spreadsheet and data-base programs. Plot multiple test curves on the same set of graph axes.
- Configure up to a 3 segment control profile with soft-ware selectable control channels that can be changed on the fly. Includes PID compensation.
- Integral emergency stop and start pushbuttons on servo equipped units.
- Select between English, Metric and SI engineering units.
- Calibrate up to 6 load cells and 6 extensometers with piecewise linear fit between points for maximum ac-curacy. All calibrations are password protected.
- Calibrations exceed ASTM E4/E83 accuracy require-ments and feature high resolution and fast sampling rates in a simple proven design.
- Includes signal conditioning and excitation for a strain gauge load cell, pressure transducer or extensom-eter and a digital position encoder. Optionally, an LVDT conditioner can be supplied for AC extensometers.
Load and Strain Input Compatibility
Full Bridge Strain Gage Transducers:
Sensitivity: User selectable from 1mv/Excitation: 4.5 or 9 Vdc
High Level Input:
Range: +/- 4.5 Vdc
Resolution: > 1 part in 100,000
Crosshead Position Input Compatibility
Type: Incremental Encoder
Counter Resolution: 32-bit
Input Frequency: 1 MHz max.
Inputs: TTL Line Driver
Excitation: 5 V
Analog X-Y Recorder Compatibility
Range: 0-10V @ 5 ma max.
Servo Control Output
Unit employs PID control algorithm
Range: +/-10V @ 5 ma max.
Uses Hewlet Packard PCL5 Printer
Control Langauge. Centronics parallel
port interface required.
4 line x 20 character LCD - 0.38" high
Includes LED backlight.
5.25" Graphic Display
Blue/White with CFL backlight
85-265 VAC (50-60 Hz)
Consumption: 40 Watts
Applications include testing:
- plus a variety of products.